Accredited by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) and Rehabilitation Accreditation Commissions (CARF) the St. Elizabeth Health Center Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit provides comprehensive care. Patients receive at least three hours of therapy per day up to seven days a week. We do not serve patients on ventilators, comatose patients, patients needing cardiac monitoring, patients with respiratory or strict isolation, or patients younger than 18 years of age.
Under certain circumstances, pediatric patients younger than 18 are admitted to the unit with accommodations made for their age.
If our unit is unable to meet the needs of a patient, recommendations for alternative services are made. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit provides services for adult patients with functional loss due to disabling illness or injury, including:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Hip/knee Replacements
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Head Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple Trauma
- Hip Fractures
Services Provided include:
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Recreation Therapy
- Nutritional Services
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work/Case Management
Medicare and your supplemental secondary insurance (if you have one) will cover most services provided during your rehab stay as long as you meet the admission and continued stay criteria. If you have other types of insurance, your benefits will be verified before admission. If there are limitations to your coverage, the social worker or case manager will discuss these with you, as well as alternative resources to help meet your needs.
- Average length of stay is 13-14 days.
- Approximately 77% of the patients return home upon discharge from the Acute Rehabilitation Unit.
- In 2011, 95.3% of the patients surveyed “Would Recommend” St. Elizabeth Health Center’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit.
- Patient Care By The Numbers: statistics on length of stay, satisfaction and outcomes of Inpatient Rehab
- For more information on our services, please call St. Elizabeth Health Center at 330-480-3679.