Financial Assistance Program
Humility of Mary Health Partners' mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with an emphasis on people who are poor and underserved. We care for everyone who comes to us in need regardless of his or her ability to pay. Meeting the needs of people with limited resources has always been at the heart of our mission.Financial Assistance Brochure - English
Folleto de ayuda económica - Español
Humility of Mary Health Partners recognizes the difficulty unexpected medical problems can cause to your finances. We are here to help so that patients can obtain medical benefits from federal, state and hospital programs. We want to assist you in finding resources that may help pay your hospital bill. In fact, every patient who does not have insurance is eligible for discounts. Please read more about our financial programs.
We provide financial assistance to uninsured patients. We are here to assist patients in obtaining medical benefits through federal, state, and hospital programs. Our representative will provide the following services at no cost to the patient:
- Review your income to determine your qualification
- Assist with completion of the application
- Assist with application for Healthy Start or Healthy Families
Patients and their counselors look at what options are available. We understand that not everyone can pay for healthcare services. We are here to offer options and assistance for those who are uninsured or underinsured and to serve as patient advocates.
Federal Poverty Guidelines
If a patient does not meet the criteria for the federal assistance programs available, Humility of Mary Health Partners will provide a discount to the patient using a sliding scale based on Federal Poverty Guidelines:
- We offer free care for any person who earns up to twice the Federal Poverty Guidelines (e.g. income up to $40,000 for a family of four).
- We offer substantial discounts for care for any person who earns up to four times the Federal Poverty Guidelines (e.g. income up to $80,000 for a family of four).
- We offer discounts like those we agree to with commercial payors for patients earning more than four times the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Humility of Mary Health Partners billing and collection policies are consistent with our mission and values. We treat all patients with dignity and respect from the bedside to the billing office. It's the right thing to do. Federal law echoes our mission--we care for every person who asks to be treated. We do so regardless of race, sex, creed, citizenship or ability to pay.
To apply for financial assistance from Humility of Mary Health Partners, use our online application form below. If you need assistance in completing the form, have questions, or would like to speak with a patient representative, please call 330-884-7074 or toll-free 888-480-4545. A patient representative from Humility of Mary Health Partners will contact you regarding your eligibility for assistance. We're here to help. If you have questions about your ability to pay or about available programs, please call. We work with each patient to help meet their individual needs and circumstances.
>> Application for Financial Assistance
Humility of Mary Health Partners billing and collection policies are consistent with our mission and values. When you receive a bill from Humility of Mary Health Partners, it covers the services you received at one of our healthcare delivery facilities. You may receive separate bills from your personal physician, surgeon, pathologist or other healthcare professional.
Humility of Mary Health Partners offers a 24-hour automated customer service line to better serve your needs. To make a payment by telephone, please call 330-884-7074
or toll-free 888-480-4545
and do the following:
- Make a payment on your account using a check or credit card.
- Request an itemized statement.
- Provide insurance information.
- Update your address and telephone number.
- Obtain information on our financial assistance programs and more.
If you have specific questions about your account, our Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Spanish speaking representatives are also available.
We repeatedly offer patients access to financial help during their hospital stay and after, as well as with each billing notice. Interest is not charged on hospital accounts. We send bills to collection as a last resort, only:
- When patients have the ability to pay some portion of their healthcare expenses but refuse to do so
- When patients refuse to work with us to determine if they qualify for free or discounted care via federal, state, local or hospital assistance programs
- When we are unable to locate the patient or the person responsible for the bill